6.15/ 6:30h: Departure from your hotel.
Arrival at Bellavista and breakfast.
Settle in, and take a reconnaissance hike into the forest and trails. Lunch.
Afternoon: Forest hike – discover the ecology of this mysterious forest – and/or bird
watching. Dinner. Overnight: Bellavista Lodge Meals: B, L, D
6.15 / 6.30h: Early morning bird hike
Birding and / or natural history discoveries in Bellavista (shared services).
Afternoon: Further options for easy hikes or true adventure, alone or with a guide! Dinner
Early morning bird hike
Morning: Visit the Alambi hummingbird reserve: known for its feeders full of
hummingbirds of 10-12 different species, sometimes more! Also excellent views of
tanagers, Red-headed Barbet …..
Lunch, Guided Hike in the Reserve
Overnight: Bellavista Lodge Meals: B, L, D
5:30 departure to to Santa Rosa Bird Garden
San Tadeo Hummingbird Garden,
Short visit to Milpe reserve: easy birding- Toucans and the Rufous Motmot often seen at
Dinner and overnight at Hotel El Borojo in Silanche Region.
Full day birding in Rio Silanche reserve, with a visit to reserve where the Long-wattled
Umbrellabird is usually seen.
Late PM drop off in Quito
Note: Hiking / birding routes are flexible
• 14 meals, starting with breakfast Day 1, and finishing with lunch on Day 5.
• 4-nights standard accommodation (or Superior accommodation option for the 3 nights spent in Bellavista)
• Shared Naturalist Guide Service at Bellavista, private guide for excursions beyond Bellavista, shared round trip transportation from Quito
• Access to 700-hectare Reserve,
• Private transportation for excursions.
• All entrance fees to all visited places.
Drinks, tips, personal items, other services.
• T-shirts or comfortable blouses/shirts
• Sweater or fleece for the evenings
• Quick drying trousers (blue jeans not
• Lightweight socks
• Change of clothes
• Sunhat and sunscreen
• Rain poncho (a few available if
• Rubber boots are provided – to size
47 (few pairs in large sizes)
• Binoculars recommended (available
• Water bottle for hikes
• Small daypack for hikes
• Flashlight and batteries
• Plastic bags to protect camera, etc
© 2020 All rights reserved by RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL